Six Nations District Numeracy Committee Meeting Minutes
May 4th, 2011 2:30 – 4:00 pm
District Teacher Office (J.C. Hill School)
In attendance: A. Anderson, J. Restoule General, C. Froman, J. Skye
Absent: T. Claus, D. Hill, L. Martin, M. Martin, A. Noyes
1. J. Restoule General shared with committee information for math camp 2011. Math camp will be held from August 15th, 2011 - August 19th, 2011. All staff members are invited to attend. Complete an online form at www.edugains.ca as soon as possible if you are interested. This camp is paid for by the province and is free!!! Authors like Marian Small, Amy Lin, Dr. Ruth Beatty and Dr. Bruce will be sharing knowledge and their books. Camp is appropriate for all grades K-4, 3-6, 7-10, and 9-12.
2. GAP closing resources for grade 6 - all students are participating. Amy Lin did a presentation on diagnosis/think sheets/ open questions. J. Restoule General and J. Skye are to attend additional training offered on Monday, May 16th, 2011 at Toronto.
3. System Planning meeting on May 18th, 2011 will be attended by A. Noyes and J. Restoule General (PLMLC)
4. “Leaps and Bounds” meeting will occur on May 5th, 2011.
5. Numeracy committee researched on computer laptops websites that may be used for desk book.
6. Numeracy committee discussed forum for Livebinder - Six Nations Numeracy Desk book;
J. Skye and A. Anderson logged onto system. Committee continued to discuss optional set ups for desk book; e.g. divisional (Primary/Junior/Intermediate). Group agreed to work on a standard binder and branch out from there at a later date.
7. C. Froman shared that JAM school got manual, workbooks, CD-ROM of “Leaps and Bounds” resource. Additional manuals were scanned.
8. Meeting concluded. Binders were distributed for members to include website and information to be included in the desk book.
Next Meeting: June 1st, 2011.