Six Nations District Numeracy Committee Meeting Minutes
Wed., April 6/2011, 2:30-4:00pm
District Teacher Room, JC Hill School
In Attendance: T. Claus, A. Noyes, C. Froman, A. Anderson, M. Martin,
J. Restoule General, L. Martin
Absent: D. Hill, J. Skye
1. Reflex Math flyer was shared; teachers in grades 2 to 6 interested in submitting their name to be a pilot class can sign up via the flyer/website or contact District Numeracy Teacher
2. OAME Abacus publication shared; “Investigating Capacity and Volume”
3. Bridges’ Equals Math information session invitation flyer shared
Guest Presentation: Sumona Roy
• Collaborative inquiry working on 3 part lessons in a professional community- gave formats, probing questions,
• Discussed also some environmental and social justice math issues and gave lesson plan examples by grade level
• Did an activity to build awareness of the Mathematical Processes
• We will be invited on to their Math Wiki space
The committee discussed briefly how this might work in our district/schools/classrooms.
Next Meeting: May 4th 2011.